A good pattern is key to creating a beautiful and well made product. This 1-2-1 live course will show you how to start constructing your own patterns and produce well fitting and desirable garments using tailoring pattern cutting techniques.
During your private tuition, you will be introduced to the hard and soft shirt collars for menswear and womenswear and you will learn how to make a pattern for your client or for production from scratch.
Every online lesson consists of a pattern making demonstration followed by a Q&A session.
In order to benefit the most from the course, you are expected to complete weekly assignments for which you will receive in depth feedback.
Who is this course for?
– All levels of fashion professionals who want to create bespoke tailored patterns.
– Fashion designers of both menswear and womenswear
– Pattern cutters who want to make bespoke or production blocks
– Individuals interested in tailoring techniques and patterns.
– How to create a collar and collar stand pattern for womenswear
– How to create a soft collar and collar stand pattern for menswear
– How to create a hard collar and collar stand pattern for menswear
– How to create an evening shirt collar pattern for menswear
– Create any collar and collar stand on a shirt block.
– Understand the different collars used in menswear and womenswear.
-Know the difference between soft and hard shirt collars.
-Learn pattern cutting methods that apply to other types of garments as well
How it works:
This course is for 3 private lessons lasting 75 minutes each.
It is live 1-2-1 tuition at a date and time that suits both yourself and your tutor.
When completing your payment, you can notify us about possible dates you would like to have the lesson.
Alternatively, once you have completed payment, we will contact you within 24 hours to discuss availability and give you a list of materials and tools needed to complete your patterns.
You can also email email@example.com to discuss available dates before or after payment.
You will have access to course material for two weeks after each lesson.
Please note, we cannot guarantee the dates until payment has been received.
Enjoy your course and learning how to make your patterns.