A good pattern is key to creating a beautiful and well made product. This 1-2-1 live course will show you how to start constructing your own patterns and produce well fitting and desirable garments.
During your private tuition, you will be introduced to dart manipulation on skirts, allowing you to create any skirt design and you will learn how to make a pattern for your client or for production from scratch.
Every online lesson consists of a pattern making demonstration followed by a Q&A session.
In order to benefit the most from the course, you are expected to complete weekly assignments for which you will receive in depth feedback.
Who is this course for?
-All levels of fashion professionals who want to create bespoke couture patterns.
-Pattern cutters who want to make bespoke or production blocks
-How to measure a body for a perfect fit
– Introduction to dart manipulation methods
– Use of dart manipulation methods in pattern construction and fashion design.
– All dart manipulation variations.
– How to combine more than one dart manipulation in order to achieve your design in less time.
– Make skirt patterns to required measurements
– Achieve all skirt designs
– Have a solid understanding of the concept of dart manipulation
– Understand the use of dart manipulation in pattern construction and fashion design
– Learn pattern cutting methods that apply to other garments as well
How it works:
-This course is for 4 private lessons lasting 75 minutes each.
-It is live 1-2-1 tuition at a date and time that suits both yourself and your tutor.
-When completing your payment, you can notify us about possible dates you would like to have the
-Alternatively, once you have completed payment, we will contact you within 24 hours to discuss
availability and give you a list of materials and tools needed to complete your patterns.
-You can also email <ahref=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com
to discuss available dates before or after payment.
Please note, we cannot guarantee the dates until payment has been received.
Enjoy your course and your introduction to couture pattern cutting.